Welcome to your online information resource for those having, or at risk of developing lymphedema. This website is also for the family, friends, and therapists who care for these individuals.
LE&RN/LymphNotes US Lymphedema Therapist Scholarship
Application Deadline Is Friday, August 31, 2022
The application for the 2022 U.S. Lymphedema Therapist Scholarship is now open. This will allow LE&RN/LymphNotes to award up to eleven (11) scholarships.
LE&RN/LymphNotes Award Amount: Up to $1,000 towards a Full Lymphedema Certification Course offered by a certification program at a qualified training school pre-approved by LE&RN. Funds will be applied directly to the course tuition. Scholarships may NOT be applied to courses that have been completed or are in progress prior to notification. Final decisions will be made by the review committee in September 2022.
For details and an application CLICK HERE. If you have questions, please contact the Lymphatic Education & Research Network via phone at (516) 625-9675, or email at email@example.com.
International Lymphatic Disease and Lymphedema Patient Registry & Biorepository
LE&RN, in partnership with Stanford University, has established the International Lymphatic Disease and Lymphedema Patient Registry and Biorepository to collect information about individuals diagnosed with a lymphatic disease. Please consider participating in this important project to support research that may lead to preventing and curing lymphedema. For more information see the project website: lernregistry.stanford.edu
Study Participants Needed in San Francisco
You can help researchers at University of California, San Francisco learn if treatment using a new negative pressure massage device is safe and effective at improving lymphedema swelling, skin condition, and movement, compared to manual lymphatic drainage massage.
Study is open to women with lymphedema in only one arm, of at least one year duration, that has not changed significantly in the past 3 months. Participants will be paid $50 for their time, have parking paid, and will receive 12 massage treatments for their lymphedema arm.
For more information, please contact Betty Smoot, PT, DPTSc at 707 494 8262 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ann Ehrlich, a founder of Lymph Notes, author of Living Well With Lymphedema and many other books, died on June 3, 2017. See her obituary for more information.
The family requests that friends honor Ann by contributing to the lymphedema scholarships through The Royalty Fund administered by Triangle Community Foundation. Memorial gifts may be made online through the Foundationís website at trianglecf.org/donate, or mailed to Triangle Community Foundation, P.O. Box 12729, Durham, NC 27709.
May her memory be for blessing.
ARE YOU NEW TO LYMPH NOTES?
- Begin by reading the news on the home page.
- Explore the many features available here.
- There are over 50 informative articles posted on this site!
- To locate the articles of greatest interest to you, click on Table of Contents. This will cause a list of the articles will appear. To read an article, just click on it's title.
- To locate the definition of a medical term, go to the Lymphedema Glossary. This page aids you in searching terms in alphabetical order.
- The Rotator Picture in the upper right corner of the home page leads you to an interesting patient story. To read a story, just click a rotator picture title. To enjoy the next story, click on the next photo link and that story will appear.
HELPFUL BOOKS FROM LYMPH NOTES
Living Well with Lymphedema by A. Ehrlich, MA, A. Harrewijn PT, CLT-LANA, and
E. McMahon PhD. ďThe most comprehensive lymphedema book on the market. It is wonderful for patients and for those at risk. So many sources tell lymphedema patients what they can not do. This book encourages us in what we can do!" Order from your favorite bookstore, Amazon.com, Amazon Canada, Amazon UK, or Barnes and Noble with ISBN 9780976480617.
Lymphedema Caregiverís Guide is the first book specifically for
family, friends, and professionals who provide, or arrange for, lymphedema home care. Written by Mary Kathleen Kearse, PT, CLT-LANA (an experienced and highly qualified lymphedema therapist), Elizabeth McMahon, PhD (a clinical psychologist), and Ann Ehrlich, (a professional medical writer). "This book covers all aspects of lymphedema home care including emotional support." Order from your favorite bookstore, Amazon.com, Amazon Canada, Amazon UK, or Barnes and Noble with ISBN 9780976480679.
Voices of Lymphedema is an exciting book written by patients, therapists, and others who know lymphedema first hand. As described by one of the many enthusiastic reviewers, "This is a must read book!" For more information and reviews (including those from the National Lymphedema Network (NLN) click here. Order in paper from your favorite bookstore, Amazon.com, Amazon Canada, Amazon UK, or Barnes and Noble with ISBN 9780976480655 or as an e-book from Amazon.com, Amazon Australia, Amazon Canada, Amazon UK, or Apple iBooks with ISBN 9780976480662.
Farewell Lymph Notes Forums
We have disabled our online community feature known as the Lymph Notes Forums. If you get an access denied error (403), it is not about you or your user-id. Thank you to everyone who participated in the past.
- To access the information needed to protect yourself from the hazards of developing lymphedema, consult this article Table of Contents. It lists the more than 50 articles that are available on this website.
These articles provide information about lymphedema, the dangers associated with it, and solutions that may help you.
- Our article on Vascularized Lymph Node Transfer (VLNTx) describes a surgical technique for transplanting lymph nodes from one place to another to improve the flow of lymph.
- To locate lymphedema treatment resources go to the American Lymphedema Framework Project www.alfp.org and download their Look4LE app for your phone.
© 2022 by Lymph Notes, all rights reserved. This information does not replace the advice of a physician.